Student 2 Student/Junior Student 2 Student

(information obtained from Military Child Education Coalition)

Transition Tips

  • Military OneSource is a national service to support active duty and reserves service members and their families with any of their concerns: help with child care, personal finances, emotional support during deployments, relocation information, or resources needed for special circumstances. It includes a website with useful information, online seminars, and links, a 24-hour hotline for counseling, and in-person free and completely confidential sessions (6 sessions) with civilian social workers or mental health providers. The Military OneSource hotline is also available to service members outside the country.

  • The Military Child Education Coalition has several resources to assist students in transition.

  • The Military Impacted Schools Association (MISA) is a national organization representing school districts that serve high concentrations of military children. The Military Families on the Move section includes transition checklists, sample military-friendly school board policies, and other suggestions for schools.

  • National Military Family Association (NMFA) “The Voice for Military Families,” is dedicated to providing information to and representing the interests of family members of the uniformed services.

  • Military Youth on the Move is for children and youth in military families who are anticipating or are experiencing relocation. It has articles, tips, and stories to help ease the transition.

  • The National Network for Immunization Information has state school entry immunization requirements. This information can help parents be more prepared and expedite the registration process.